This is our Suzuki NMEA Complete Bundle (2013+) for 2013 and newer Suzuki Outboards, and Lowrance, Garmin, Humminbird, or Simrad fish finders.
Firstly, you need a Fish Finder with NMEA capability:
- Elite Series
- HDS Series
- GO Series
- NSX Series
- NSS evo3S Series
- NSO evo3S Series
- GPSMAP Series
- ECHOMAP Series
- Solix Series
- Apex Series
- See Fish Finder “Complications” notes for earlier Helix series
Secondly, your Suzuki Outboard needs to be:
- 2013 or newer Suzuki Outboard.
- (See notes below for models including the 25HP and DF150G/175G/250AP/300AP – they will also require another adapter cable, model number 990C0-88136).
The Suzuki NMEA Complete Bundle contains absolutely everything you need to connect your fish finder to your engine. Most importantly, the firmware in this cable is Version 3.5 or higher, which is required for newer Suzuki outboards. However, there are some models which also require the Suzuki SMIS to SDS Adapter Cable:
With this kit, you will see fuel consumption rate, oil pressure, engine temperature, RPM, alternator voltage, fuel pressure, water pressure, and engine hours.
After that, you can also grow the system by adding other devices later as you want.
In addition, your new NMEA network is also an essential part of your trolling motors auto pilot capability with your fish finder
For further information on Marine Electrical DIY Tips, try our YouTube Channel:
Finally, we love talking engines, fish finders, and networking. If you need help, please email us and we can help:
Fish Finder “Complications”
- Humminbird Helix series forces you to buy not one, but two additional, proprietary cables to connect the NMEA capability to the NMEA Network. In Conclusion, these are prohibitively expensive and almost justify a fish finder upgrade to a higher series to save overall cost.
- Sorry, the Lowrance Hook Series, and most of the smaller Garmin fish finders do not have NMEA networking.
- SIMRAD Cruise Series is not NMEA capable.